University Of New South Wales
On successful completion of this module, students will display mastery of complex knowledge and skills, being able to:
1. Operate in complex and unpredictable and/or specialised contexts, requiring students to select and apply a wide range of advanced techniques and information sources.
2. Display a deep and systematic understanding within a specialised field of study and its interrelationship with other relevant disciplines.
3. Autonomously evaluate the development and assessment of quality in the design and delivery of products and services.
4. Demonstrate a deep systematic understanding of current theoretical and methodological approaches of operation and information factors that affect the planning, Leadership Management and delivery of products and services.
5. Work effectively in teams as a member or leader, clarify tasks and make appropriate use of the teams resources; communicate effectively with others to resolve conflict before it arises.
You are required to conduct a research assignment and produce an individual report on how an organisations information and operations management provide a source of competitive advantage.
Choose a company from the FTSE100 index (from any sector you want).
Then use theoretical frameworks that were presented in the module to support your findings to make suggestions and recommendations.
You should include evidence and examples from your selected organisation wherever possible and you should aim to relate your findings with the companys overall business strategy.
The report should be written up formally in standard report style, with a title page, executive summary, table of contents, introduction, discussion of the issues, conclusion, recommendations and references in the Harvard format as used by Westminster Business School.
The report word length, which includes the executive summary and excludes the title / contents pages, references, and appendices, and must be stated on the title page. You will be penalised for non-conformity with this.
Must Also Read:- BMAN71471 Innovation Management
|Operations and Supply Chain||Operations Management and Productivity||Lean Process and Operation Management|
|Operating Systems, Types of Operating Processes||Inventory Management||Planning and Control of Production Systems|
|Operations and Global Competitiveness||Planning and Control||Total Quality Management|
Disclaimer: The reference papers offered by The Student Helpline act as sample papers for students and are not to be presented as it is. These papers are only meant to be utilized for study and reference purposes.